ENTRY PREPARATION GUIDELINES, HINTS & TIPS
The following guidelines will assist you in preparing and sending us your entries. Please ensure you have read all the instructions and if you have any questions, please contact us.
General guidelines are provided below, followed by specific instructions for each category.
- Make the judge’s life easy – your entry should be well presented, clear, easy to understand and should help the judges to understand your entry in terms of our judging criteria: Innovation, Quality of execution, Relevance to the Brand, Target Audience and Chosen Medium.
- All work is judged anonymously - you must ensure that no reference to your agency is included on the entry. All mounting, folders, trimmings, etc. must not have any agency branding. If necessary, the Pendoring staff will remove or cover any such branding.
- All entries are single, unless otherwise stated. For example, posters following the same campaign theme must be entered individually, not several as one entry. If in the opinion of the jury, several pieces constitute a campaign, then these entries will be combined into one campaign award.
- Always follow our guidelines for each medium and ensure that your entries are formatted correctly. E.g. Video entries must be submitted according to the specs – a low grade QuickTime Video will not be impressive on our large judging screen.
- Be neat. Carefully crop and paste all elements of your work. Dog-eared and loose elements are never a favourite.
- When submitting boards with your entry, DO NOT use foam board. Use thin, stiff cardboard up to a MAXIMUM OF A2 SIZE – multiple boards should not be attached to one another. Use a combination of imagery as well as written descriptions wherever necessary to make up your board.
- INCLUDE ANY NECESSARY TRANSLATIONS: All entries must include translations in English. This can be a written translation or, in the case or video or audio files, subtitles must be used. Include any necessary explanation for the judging panel to understand the context of the translation.
Ensure that you provide as much information on the background of your entry. If possible and where necessary, provide a walkthrough of all aspects of your entry, including the strategy, innovative ideas, target audience and provide any results that you may have.
Overview Videos must be limited to 2 minutes. If it is considered necessary, the full-length work may accompany the 2-minute overview.
When submitting multiple elements of a campaign into various categories, it is vital that the entry is described appropriately for each category. If the judges cannot readily discern which elements are to be considered for the relevant category, it will count against your entry. When supplying an overview video, it is highly recommended that the presentation is tailored/adapted to highlight the elements most relevant to the chosen category.
All video submissions should be edited to two (2) minutes.
- We recommend that a 30 second edit is also provided for the awards ceremony - please follow the TV, Film & Video Preparation Guidelines.
- SUBMITTING AUDIO FILES – You can provide supporting audio files with your entry (such as radio commercials). You should follow the Radio preparation guidelines for all audio submissions.
- INCLUDE ANY NECESSARY TRANSLATIONS – All entries must include English translations. This can be a written translation or, in the case of video and audio files, subtitles must be used. Include any necessary explanation for the judging panel to understand the context of the translation.